Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolved

Is it too late? Can I still make my New Year's resolutions on Jan. 2? I'll start with this: I resolve to procrastinate less. (Although, to be fair to myself, deadlines never have been an issue for me.)

I also resolve this year to not have another heart attack, to not get laid off from another job and to not spend eight days in the neonatal intensive care unit with my newborn son.

I resolve to be more resolute after overcoming so many obstacles in 2008.

Oh, and here's a big one: I resolve to forgive and (try to) forget.

I resolve to turn off the TV.

I resolve to write.

I resolve to get a job.

If I fail in the latter, I resolve to throw myself whole-heartedly into the former.

I resolve to be the person I know I should be. A better husband. A better father. A better son. A better brother. A better son-in-law. A better neighbor. A better friend. A better homeowner (that persistent patch of clover in the back yard is doomed).

A better everything.

No comments: